Across our school we are using concrete resources from our Maths HelpDesks to help us with our learning. Have a look at some of the resources we have been using and photos of Maths Displays from some of our classrooms.
Can you beat any of the records set below?!
Fun Pancake Maths Facts
Did you know…?
- The largest pancake ever made was in Rochdale, Manchester in 1994. It was 15.01m in diameter, 2.5cm thick and weighed 3 tonnes.
- The record for the most number of pancake flips in 1 minute is 140.
- The highest pancake toss came to 9.47m in New York in 2010.
- The most pancakes ever made in 1 hour is 1093 and this challenge was completed by an American restaurant owner in 2013
- Look at shapes. What 2D & 3D shapes can they find on a scooter? Discuss why certain shapes are used. Why are wheels round? Test.
- Measuring Scooters – measure different parts of the scooter. Circumference, diameter & radius of the wheel, size & area of footboard, height of handlebars, length between two wheels, width of the handlebars etc. (children chose method of recording & measuring)
- Speed (Practical task!)
- Children on scooters outside ride a lap around the playground.
- Measure speed to find fastest/slowest laps.
- Work out the difference between their fastest/slowest laps.
- Create a scooter fact file – record all their findings. Children chose methods of showing data. (graphs, tables etc)